Saturday, March 19, 2016

7th Birthday Cards

Hard to believe the twins turned 7!
The girls love cards with movement and so I had to put my thinking cap on for this card because their theme was gummy bears, do you know how hard it is to come up with gummy bears?

First I dug out my Sizzix card base Pop 'n Cuts Die (retired) and cut one in Real Red and one in Pacific Point. 

I next cut a strip of paper that was the same length as the card and ¼" shorter in width than the card from the It's My Party Designer Series Paper. Trim the DSP so it doesn't cover the edge of the base where the card attaches. Round the edges with the Project Life Corner punch.



I used the Ovals Collection Framelits on Whisper White Cardstock and the blue or red cardstock to make the front of the card. Used the Number Of Years bundle set to make the seven and banner. For their names I used Basic Black cardstock and the Little Letters Thinlits.



I also cut a strip from the DSP for the inside of the card. 

Using the Simply Scored Scoring Tool, I took a piece of cardstock that was about 6" long and the same width of the card. Score every ½" making an accordion strip with about 4 folds, trim excess cardstock. Fold card base in half, attach accordion strip then score the card so it will fold at the edge of the accordion strip so the card closes properly. You should have about a 1"fold.

Trim the DSP paper and round the edges.








I found some bear pictures on the internet and printed and trimmed them out. I also went through my many birthday stamps and made little embellishments to add to the accordion strip with a strip of window sheets varying the height of each embellishment. I also used the new Party Pop-Up Thinlits Die for the Happy Birthday piece and added Silver Glimmer Paper on the candles.








No comments:

Post a Comment