Monday, September 5, 2016

Really?? Has it been since March???

I really don't know how time gets away from me!! I'm so far behind in my postings! Let's start with another birthday card I did for my oldest grand daughter's 10th birthday.




 This started out just being a card, then it just kept growing and growing until I ended up with a card in a box!

I first made the card that was suppose to fold up in the center into a card, but then I added trees and and a number 10 using the Large Number Framelits and then I couldn't get the card to fold up so I ended up make it more like a panorama view, thus the box to put it in!! :)




I used the Neutrals Designer Series Paper and Basic Gray and Whisper White cardstock to build the box. I closed in one end of the box with a Window Sheet. The elephant was made from Smoky Slate using the Playful Pals stamps.The tag was made from the Number of Years stamp and the coordinating framelits.




  The trees were made using Chocolate Chip cardstock
that I cut to make the trunks with a curve in them.
Next I covered the trunks with more Chocolate Chip
cardstock and punched several Pansies from the Chocolate Chip cardstock and layered and trimmed them along the trunk to give the texture of a palm tree. The leaves were punched from Wild Wasabi cardstock using the Flower Fair Framelits.  The "10" was made from Go Wild DSP (retired) using the Large Number Framelits. The grass was made using the Wild Wasabi cardstock and the Pyramid Pals Thinlits. Clouds were made using Whisper White cardstock and the Tree Builder punch.The banner was made from some retired punches.









Closeup of the banner and tree trunk.




No comments:

Post a Comment