Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

Paper Pumpkin "Seriously" Kit

See what Melony H. did with this latest Paper Pumpkin Kit!!

Sign-up for yours today!  

Seriously

I was so excited to open my mailbox and see my latest Paper Pumpkin waiting for me. I’m a fan of a bit of sass in my stamps, and the stamp set that came with this month’s kit is right up my alley. My husband’s nickname for me is Serious Girl. Could it be more perfect? (If you said that with Chandler Bing’s voice, you get bonus points in my book).
After assembling the cards that came in the kit, I got to work making more cards with this amazing set. Here’s what I made:

I wanted to use a fun, bright color palate to take the stamps in a completely different direction than what was in the original card kit. I chose Pumpkin Pie, Melon Mambo, Summer Starfruit, Basic Black, and Basic Gray. These cards are so bright and cheery to me that I have to smile and do a little happy dance.
I love this first card. By stamping the “e” extra times, it really gives the sentiment much more personality. Stamping at an angle also gives the card a fresh new look and helps convey some attitude.

I used the leftover pieces of my card kit as a template on this card. I traced the word bubble onto a piece of cardstock and then drew over it with my Melon Mambo Stampin’ Write Marker. I added a second word bubble layered behind to create a bit more depth. I love the imperfect, hand drawn look. I left the “ly” off the “seriously” stamp this time and put my Stamp-a-ma-jig to good work to split up the “you kick booty” sentiment. I also used my Pumpkin Pie and Summer Starfruit Stampin’ Write Markers to draw small circles around the polka dots on the Whisper White Patterns Designer Series Paper.

On the last card, I used the dot stamp from the Jots and Thoughts Paper Pumpkin kit. If you couldn’t tell, I’ve got a thing for circles and polka dots. I used the word bubble stencil again on this card. I traced the top half, used a ruler to extend the sides, then matched up the bottom part to complete the bubble. There are so many ways to use every piece of this kit.
To finish this card I dyed White Baker’s Twine using Basic Black Classic Stampin’ Ink Refill and added some spatters in Basic Gray.

No comments:

Post a Comment